This blog is maintained by the staff of the Language Resource Center at Mount Holyoke College. We hope this blog fulfills all your language needs!
~(으)세요 when added to an action verb indicates a command in the polite style.
내일 7시에 오세요.
Please come at 7 tomorrow.
Please read the textbook.
Please sit here.
Please study Korean.
사진: 연세대학교 (Yonsei University)
Mount Holyoke College Students: The Language Learning Center extends an invitation to you for video submitted content. We would like to feature short (1-2 minute) video interviews and video snapshots of students that are currently abroad or that have recently participated in work or study abroad. For some inspiration, or more information about what we are looking for check out this video by http://soremannearsea.tumblr.com/
Use Ask Me Anything to send us a link to your video content, or to receive a direct email for more guidance. We’d like to feature your experience so that other students can be inspired!
- 起 音：キ 訓：お・きる、お・こる wake up,get up, happen
- 風 音：フ、フウ 訓：かぜ Wind
- 呂 音：ロ、リョ Spine (風呂ーふろ bath)
- 御 音：ゴ、ギ Govern,honorable （御飯ーごはん meal)
- 反 音：ハン 訓：めし food,meal,boiled rice
- 堂 音：ドウ Temple,palace （食堂ーしょくどう Cafeteria,dining room)
- 飲 音：イン 訓：の・む Drink
- 帰 音：キ 訓：かえ・る Come home,come back
- 達 音：タツ 訓：たち Indicator for the plural form (私達-we, 友達-friends)
- 電 音：デン lightning,electricity (電話ーでんわ phone)
- 話 音：ワ 訓：はな・す talk,conversation
- 寝 音：シン 訓：ね・る sleep
- 面 音：メン 訓：おも、つら face,image,surface (面白いーおもしろい interesting)
- 働 音：ドウ 訓：はたら・く work
- 仕 音：シ 訓：つか・える serve,take action
- 入 音：ニュウ 訓：はい・る enter